The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at Belmont CE (Cont.) Primary School and Noah’s Ark Nursery:
Mrs K Harrison-Brown is the Head Teacher.
Mrs L Sleeman (Nursery), Mrs S Draper (EYFS/KS1) and Mrs H Stripp (KS2) are our designated Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinators. It is the SENDCo’s job to:
1. Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEND policy.
2. Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEND.
3. Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEND support.
4. Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively.
5. Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEND.
6. Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies.
7. Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEND pupils up to date.
8. Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on 0191 3844178 or sending an email to: email@example.com